Monday, June 12, 2006

What's your favourite film?




To give you a few ideas on how the blog could continue (at least as soon as you have stopped crying, Nicole!)...

...why don't we start a "favourite film" list of posts?

As the students in 2BL know, one of my favourite films is "Cry Freedom", starring Denzel Washington and Kevin Kline. It's based on a true story, that is, how Donald Woods, editor of a daily newspaper in South Africa, meets Steven Biko, black activist, and how they become friends. After Steven Biko's death in prison (he is beaten up by the Afrikaans policemen) Donald Woods and his family are forced to leave South Africa. It's one of the best films on racism in South Africa I have ever seen and the shots showing the white police beating up the black children in the Soweto revolt are really moving. Each time I watch this film I find it difficult to hold back my indignation, my anger and my tears at what happened in South Africa at the time of apartheid!

If you want to know more about this film ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/film/1500240.stm

Let us know about YOUR favoutite films!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't received your invitation on my e-mail adress!!!..what can I do??my adress is giuliacesta@libero.it!!thanks...

Thursday, 15 June, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home